Thursday, 26 February 2015

ONEREPUBLIC- "I Lived"

I have loved this song since the first time I listened to it! As you can imagine, as a fresh mother, I am easily moved by lyrics that are about the relationship between parents and children and "I Lived" is a perfect summary of all the emotions, hopes and dreams that we share everyday.
I'm sure your students will appreciate the videoclip of this song, as it is centred on all the activities they wish to do once in their lifetime!

Level: pre-intermediate

Grammar focus on: present simple

Activity: circle the right option. This activity would be perfect in case you're going to revise the use of -s for the third person of present simple.


Lyrics taken from: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/onerepublic/ilived.html

Video:


Let's talk about: your relations with your parents. 1) What activities do you like to do with your parents? 2) What are the activities your parents are good at (or helpless at)? 3) Describe a special day that you spent with your parents.