Tuesday, 6 October 2015

Robin Schulz (feat. Francesco Yates)- "Sugar"

In watching the videoclip of "Sugar" by Robin Schulz for the first time, I got almost puzzled and I exclaimed: "Oh my God, this policeman is getting terrifically mad!Is he going to kill himself?". Then, I realized that the videoclip describes well that feeling that sooner or later everyone has, when we fancy about escaping the daily routine and doing something unusual and extraordinary. Finally, I found the lyrics and I thought that this song may be really good at explaining the different uses of the verb get and here's my worksheet. 

Level: pre-intermediate

Grammar focus on: 'get+ past participle" and "have/has got"

Activity: fill in the gap exercise. Only one word has been deleted, therefore students may be provided the exercise without any hint and they have to find out what the text is about. After, they may be  invited to watch the videoclip and describe the emotions and the reactions of the protagonist (reusing get+ past participle), too .

Sugar 

Lyrics taken from: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/robinschulz/sugar.html

Video: